At Devlin & Hale we have combined our state-of–the-art administration and record keeping capabilities with our qualified plan administration expertise. For our clients, DHA provides the following administration services:
- Quarterly participant statements
- Discrimination reports to the plan sponsor on an annual basis
- Participant eligibility determination
- Participant vesting determination
- Participant benefits calculations
- Participant claims processing and other transactions such as terminations, loans and hardship distributions
- A web-based application to prepare and submit contribution and census information
- Flexible import capabilities which interface with payroll service providers and plan sponsor payroll applications
- Meetings with both plan sponsor and employees
- Reports required by government agencies
- Plan administrator’s guide
The DHA information technology system provides accurate and timely record keeping of all plan data. Prompt claims processing, timely and accurate reports, and comprehensive and continuing employee education ensure smooth operation of your plan. DHA takes extra care in providing these services because when we provide excellent service to you, your plan creates goodwill with your employees.
QUALIFIED RETIREMENT PLAN NETWORK OF SERVICES MODEL
The operation of a qualified retirement plan consists of five interconnected working parts that interact with each other and determine the success or failure of a plan. The five interconnected parts are: consulting services, compliance services, administration services, education services, and fiduciary services.
Use the network model to select the service you wish to view, or click on the corresponding link on the right.